Questions for Atheists and
Sceptics to Think About
© Spotlight Ministries, Vincent McCann, 2003
- If we live in a purely material world then how do we account for the many supernatural experiences that people have, such as encounters with God, ghosts, spirits, etc (obviously, exactly what all of these encounters actually are are all interpreted by different people in different ways but the fact remains that people encounter things that do not fit a purely naturalistic world view). Are we really to conclude that all of these people are delusional, deceptive, or mad? Or could it be that people are having real encounters with real supernatural beings not explainable through purely scientific mediums?
- Where does all of the incredibly complex information come from that is stored within DNA? Information doesn’t just appear by itself. Someone has to put it there.
- Why does humanity seem to have an innate desire and need to worship something, or someone? Why is there such a universal religious sense within humanity?
- Isn’t it a bit extreme to assert "God does not exist"? To make such a statement you would have to have complete knowledge and to have been everywhere in the universe. Maybe God dwells somewhere in the universe you don’t know of or have not been to? Is that possible?
- What about the evidence of design in all of creation? It is obvious that anything that is designed has to have an intelligent creator. For example, a computer never came about by mere accident, but had to have been thought out and planned by an intelligent designer. It is the same with creation, and more so, as the natural world is far more complicated than anything humanity can create.
- Where does all the matter in the universe come from?
- How do you explain the changed lives of millions of people throughout history who testify to a life changing experience with Jesus Christ?
- How do we account for the historical Person of Jesus Christ? He has made such an impact upon history that we even measure our calendar by Him. 2000 years on and millions still follow Him.
| Home Page | Religious Groups |
The New Age Movement
| The Occult, Wicca, Witchcraft, Paganism, etc. |
Spiritual Abuse |
Ethics & Issues |
Links to Other Sites |