Some Things to Bear
in Mind When Witnessing
to Occultists and Pagans
© Spotlight Ministries, 2003
- Show them genuine Christian love, and pray for them.
- Respect their beliefs (although this does not mean you have to agree with them).
- Try and understand their beliefs. Don't just read Christian articles and books about Paganism - do the research yourself. Get some books out by respected pagan authorities, take notes from them, and share interesting portions of what you discover with them.
- Ask them what they believe about Christianity (many pagans have a distorted image of what Christianity is). Where they are wrong, correct them.
- Understand that many Pagans and Wiccans have had bad experiences with churches in one way or another. Some have even been brought up in an environment which professes Christianity.
- Stress the relationship that Christians have with Christ.
- Stress the heart of the Gospel: The death, resurrection, ascension, and second coming of Christ.
- Outline the strengths and reliability of the Bible, as many pagans reject it as unreliable.
- Understand that most Pagans and Wiccans reject the concept of objective truth. Stress the truth which is to be found in Christ.
| Home Page | Religious Groups |
The New Age Movement
| The Occult, Wicca, Witchcraft, Paganism, etc. |
Spiritual Abuse |
Ethics & Issues |
Links to Other Sites |